The Atlantic Poultry Research Institute (APRI) was established to further, through scientific research, regional interests relating to poultry production. It does so by addressing these objectives:
- Serving as a vehicle for consultation amongst all stakeholders in the Atlantic poultry industry regarding research and development needs;
- Encouraging joint participation by industry and research centres in setting research priorities;
- Integrating the regional poultry research and development activities of Dalhousie University and the Atlantic Veterinary College into one strong program;
- Raising funds for poultry research and development;
- Disseminating research findings to the regional poultry industry;
- Providing research experience to students to prepare them as participants in the poultry sector, either as business owners or employees.